Updated on 1 May 2018.
Changes to the Data Protection Law
From May 1st 2018 we will be processing your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Up until that point we will continue to process your personal data in accordance with the existing Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). This notice is written to comply with both the DPA and the GDPR.
Personal data means names of people, which you may share within an email address when completing an online form on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal email addresses you provide when you download some of our newsletters; when you send us a new business request; when you apply for a job, and when you participate in discussion boards on our blog or other social media functions on our website. It also includes when you enter a promotion or survey, during the course of any other activity commonly carried out on our website and when you report a problem with our website.
We may also process your data when it is within legitimate interest to do so and the processing does not impact on any of your data protection rights. Where we process personal data on the basis of legitimate interests, we will conduct a Legitimate Interest Assessment in order to ensure your rights under GDPR are not contravened. Our legitimate interests include:
- Promotion, marketing and advertising of our products and services
- Ensuring the security and integrity of our services and ensuring that our systems such as websites are functioning correctly
- Selling and supplying services to our clients
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- Fulfilling our duties to our clients, yourself, colleagues, and other stakeholders
Quarantine Productions may also collect information in a number of ways in connection with your use of the Website, including, without limitation, as follows:
- When you submit a CV or other information to be considered for employment with Quarantine Productions
- When you ask us a question, we collect the email address or other contact information you choose to provide
- When you voluntarily provide Personal data to us for any other purpose
How Quarantine Productions uses your information
- To generally provide the features and functionality of the Website to you
- For analytics and trending purposes
- To respond to questions and comments
- To improve, enhance and tailor the Website for you, and to improve and enhance the overall Website experience for all the Website’s users to carry out specific actions you may request.
- Disclosure to third parties
- Quarantine Productions may disclose to third parties Personal data that it collects as follows:
- Operation of the Website: We disclose your Personal data to third parties where necessary to provide the Website and its features and functionality to you.At your request: We disclose your Personal data to a third party whenever you request us to do so.
- Business transfers: If a third party acquires all or substantially all of Quarantine Productions’s assets, your Personal data, aggregated information and any other information that we have collected in connection with the Website may be transferred to such third party as part of our business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganisation proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered one of our assets and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Disclosure of Personal data for legal purposes and protection of Quarantine Productions and others: We reserve the right to share your Personal data with third parties if required to do so by law, or if we believe such action is necessary in order to:
- (1) conform to the requirements of the law, or comply with legal process served upon us;
- (2) protect or defend our legal rights or property, the Website, or our users; or
- Service providers: We use third-party service providers, including but not limited to our affiliates, to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing, storing, maintaining and transmitting data, processing and fulfilling email and other promotional campaigns, and providing marketing assistance, web analytics and data analysis. We may provide your Personal data to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using Personal data for any other purpose and are required to comply with all applicable laws with respect to the Personal data they receive.
- Government agencies: We will disclose your Personal data to third parties if required to do so by law.
- As otherwise permitted by law. We may disclose your Personal data to third parties as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Automatically collected non-Personal data
Quarantine Productions uses cookie technology as part of the Website’s statistical reporting and for other purposes related to making the Website available to you. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard disk by your computer’s browser. It holds information a website may need to personalise your experience. We may also utilise cookies to identify if you are logged into a Website account.If you prefer, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie and privacy preferences. However, if you reject cookies, your use of the Website may be impaired.
If you submit your CV or other information to be considered for employment with Quarantine Productions and you choose to send your CV or other information to us through this Website or the Internet, we will maintain and use the information provided only for such purposes.
Information posted to any forums, chats or blogs
If you choose to use a forum or a blog, participate in a chat room, or otherwise use a social networking feature available through the Website, you should be aware that any Personal data or other information you post can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Website, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or used in an otherwise unauthorised manner. We cannot be responsible for any Personal data you choose to post through those means, and we recommend careful consideration before you post such information.
Third-party websites, content and resources
Our policy regarding selling or renting of Personal data
Consent to processing (for users within the European Union)
By providing Personal data to this Website, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those that exist in the EEA.
A special note about minors
How we protect the security of your Personal data
Quarantine Productions will take reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of all Personal data provided to this Website. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system, or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorised acts of third parties during or after transmission.
How to contact Quarantine Productions regarding your privacy concerns and questions: If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact email@example.com